2-in-1 Meals: Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Tauhu
I was quite busy today…. I purchased a pretty nice wordpress template that comes with beautiful layout for a recipe blog. I am hoping to set it up for this blog. However, I am still scratching my head to get this set up. Till now, I have not been successful to set it up. Well, life goes on… I have to proceed to prepare for dinner. I like something simple and fast and decided to cook 2 meals in one go…. Ta dah… here was what I made: Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Tauhu.
- 4 potatoes, remove skins, cubed
- 50g fresh milk
- 20g butter
- 5 g salt to taste
- 3 tauhu and make holes on top of the tauhu, place 20 g minced pork (seasoned with soy sauce and pepper) on top of the tauhu
- 30 g of pumpins cut into cubes
- Place potatoes into simmering basket, then place the simmering basket into TM bowl. Pour 700 g of water into TM bowl.
- Place the tauhu and vegetables into Varoma tray and place it on top of TM bowl
- Cook for 100c/20mins/speed 4
- Remove varoma tray. You have your steamed tauhu ready now.
- Continue with mashed potatoes.. Potatoes would have been soften at this stage. Remove it from the simmering basket and place it into TM bowl.
- Add butter, milk and salt, place butterfly and blend it at 40 sec, speed 3.5
- Serve on plate. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese
This recipe is intended for about 4-5 persons. My kids definitely love the mashed potatoes. If you have kids, why not do it for them too!