Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup 花生鸡脚汤
I visited my mom today and got to enjoy her homemade chicken soup today. I absolutely love it. Before I got married, this was one of my favorite soup. My mom was kind enough and she gave me the ingredients needed so that I can cook this for my kids. On the same afternoon, I experimented cooking this soup using Thermomix.
As peanuts can be stubborn, using traditional method, we will need to boil it for about 2 hours. With the combination of Thermomix and Magic pot, my actual cook time is cut shot to about 50 mins. And I let it rest in magic pot for 2 hours. When I took it out for dinner, the peanuts were already quite soft. This method allows me to save some electricity bills since magic pot does not consume electricity.
Very often, we call chicken feet soup “the collagen soup”, as chicken feet is naturally rich in collagen thanks to the gelatin, which is beneficial for looking youthful, promoting supple skin, reliving arthritis pain, strengthening bones etc. Since my kids and hubby love it, I will cook this soup regularly to take advantage of these benefits.
- 400 g chicken feet 鸡爪
- 200 g chicken thigh cut into pieces
- 200 grams raw peanuts 花生
- 10 g dried sotong
- 20g dried Rutabaga
- 5 garlic cloves peeled
- 1200 g water
- salt to taste
- Prep chicken feet by peeling away the outer yellow skin, if any. Chop off and discard the tips of the claws (nails).
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch chicken feet and chicken bones for about 5 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Pour 1200g water into TM pot.
- Then add blanched chicken feet, chicken pieces, peanuts, garlic. Boil for 45 mins at 100c/ speed 0.5/ reverse mode.
- Open MC cup slightly after 10 mins to allow ventilation.
- Pour hot soup into magic pot to let it for 2 hours. Using magic pot will allow you to save some electricity.
- If you do not have magic pot, you will need to boil the soup for about 1 hour plus to ensure the peanuts are soften at step 4
Enjoy your soup!