Moist Banana Cake
Bananas never go bad when you can whip up these delicious banana cakes with your over-ripe bananas.
With just 3 ripe bananas and flour etc, I made this banana cake this evening. Just spend approximately 10 mins to mix the ingredients, then place it at the oven to cook for 1 hour, there I got this nice banana cake. Pretty easy!
3 ripe bananas, peeled
150g caster sugar ( I reduced it to 120 g)
150g butter, room temperature
240g self raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1) Preheat oven 160 degree Celcius
2) Place banana and vanilla essence and mix for 5 seconds/speed 4, set aside
3) Add butter, caster sugar and mix for 20 seconds/speed 5.
4) Add egg one at a time and combine for a few seconds/speed 5
5) Add banana mixture and mix for 3 seconds/speed 5
6) Add flour, bicarbonate of soda and milk. Mix for 15 seconds on speed 4-5
7) Pour into a lined 20cm cake tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour. If cake still looks wet, reduce temperature to 140 degree Celcius and cook for another 10-20 minutes
8) Wait for 10 minutes before turning it out of the cake tin.
The cake was half consumed at night by my kids and hubby. Hope it is enough for breakfast tomorrow. Next time, I will need to make 2 portions to ensure no shortage for my family.