Asam Fish Thermomix Recipe2015-01-16
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 0m
We bought plenty of fish from Kuala Selangor from our recent trip. It is best to make Assam Fish with them. One concern some might have is how to cook the dish without smashing the fish since Themomix will cook food with the blade rolling. This is not a concern at all, I basically boil the soup using the Thermomix bowl and steam the fish on top of the machine. When done place the fish and soup into a bowl to serve. Easy, isn’t it?
Here is the Asam Fish Thermomix Recipe:
- 2 pomfret fish
- 2 Lemongrass
- 8 lemon leaves (cut into big strips)
- 8 shallots
- 4 gloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of Chili Boh (chili paste)
- 500 g Water
- 1 big tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 3 okras
- 120 g variety of dried and fresh mushrooms
- 2 salted plums
- 2 pieces of asam keping
- 10g cooking oil
- A pinch of salt to taste
- 1 tsp of sugar
For garnishing: 6 coriander (cut into 2 inch length)
- Blend shallots and garlic @ Time: 10 sec/ Speed 6
- Add cooking oil, stir fry with shallots and garlic @ Time: 2 mins/ Temp: Varoma/ Speed 0.5
- Add water follow by other ingredients and cook for 15 mins/ 100c / speed 0.5 reverse mode.
- Place the fish into varoma tray. Cover it and place it on top of Thermomix machine to steam it.
- Add in salt and sugar at the last 1 sec.
- When done, pour the asam soup into a bowl. Then place the fish into the bowl. Place coriander leaves on top. Serve while hot.
I use Thermomix to prepare the dish. You can click on the image below to find out more about this kitchen appliances!
call 019-2229143 if you want to find out more information!