How to cook Nasi Lemak (Coconut Rice) with Thermomix 椰浆饭三巴2014-11-07
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
See what we had today! Yummy yummy nasi lemak (coconut rice)! It is so easy to make nasi lemak with Thermomix. Basically, you just need to place your rice and pandan and lemon grass into the Thermomix basket, then place the basket into Thermomix bowl that is filled with water and santan (coconut milk). When the rice is cooked, the remaining water that contains the starch and coconut milk from the rice is stored below the basket. This way, the rice is safer for consumption for those who need to watch out sugar level.
Check out our recipe below:
- 200g coconut milk
- 700g water
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 pandan leaves, tie them up and make a knot)
- 2 lemon grass (optional)
- 400g rice, washed
- Place pandan leaves, lemon grass and washed rice into Thermomix basket and pop it in Thermomix bowl.
- Then pour coconut milk, water and salt into the Thermomix bowl.
- Cook for 16 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 4. Done!
- Pour the rice out. Garnish your nasi lemak with sambal, ikan bilis, cucumber and eggs and enjoy your meal!
Find out more about Thermomix here or call Jane at 019 2229143.
When you are cooking rice with the Thermomix bowl, you can also steam hard boiled egg by placing the eggs into the varama tray then put it on top of the Thermomix machine. So you are cooking rice and egg at the same time!