Homemade Sambal Prawn / Spicy Prawn Chilies Condiment2014-11-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6m
- Ready In : 0m
My mom’s recipe again 🙂 Simple ingredients that make great food.. Try it out and let me know if you like it!
- 200 g prawns with skin removed (marinate with 1 tsp of sugar)
- 70g shallots
- 10g garlics
- 2 tbl of Chili Boh
- 5g belachan (shrimp paste)
- 20g cooking oil
- Pinch of salt
- Place shallots, garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop at 3 sec, speed 6. Remember to close the cover with measuring cup.
- Scrape down sides of bowl. Then pour in cooking oil, belacan and chili boh. Sauté for 4 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1.
- Add prawns, cook for 2 minutes at 100ºC on counter-clockwise operation Reverse + speed soft (stir). Add salt at the last 30 sec.
How convenient it is to use Thermomix to cook sambal.. everything from blending chili boh, chopping ingredients to cooking sambal is done within Thermomix. It is easy to clean as as well as I just put some water into Thermomix and blend it for 10 sec at speed 8 and throw the water away. Thermomix is ready to make another meal!
Find out more about Thermomix here or call Jane at 6012 6669892..
Done! Serve it with rice or better still, nasi lemak!