Fry Crispy Seaweed Cracker Without Using Oil!2015-01-23
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Never have I thought it can be so easy to make cracker! Knowing that I have a Buffalo Air Fryer, Erie brought to me this idea to fry this seaweed cracker without oil! I thought it was a wonderful idea. I have not tested making cracker using my airfryer. So why not give it a try? Today, the 2 of us made the first attempt!
The ingredients needed for this cracker is really easy.
- 20 pieces of wanton skin
- 20 pieces of seaweed
- Some sesame
- Approximately 2 to 3 tablespoon of butter
- 2 large eggs
- Some salt to taste
- Place the butter in a bowl. Melt the butter at room temperature. You can use Thermomix to melt the butter using temperature 37 degree, speed 2 for 1 min.
- Place the eggs and salt into the bowl and mix it with the butter. If you are using Thermomix, just mix it at speed 3 for 10 sec.
- Take 1 piece of Wonton skin and place butter on top of the wonton skin using a brush.
- Then place 1 piece of seaweed on top of the wonton skin.
- Turn the skin to the other side and apply butter on top of the wonton, then spread sesame seeds across the wonton skin.
- Cut the skin into 6 strips. Then cut it into smaller pieces for each strip.
- Place the skins into a baking tray and ensure no overlapping of skins to ensure even exposure of heat for each strip.
- place the baking tray into your Airfryer. Bake at 180 degree for 4 to 5 mins.
- Repeat the same process for each plate of seaweed pieces you have created
That is it!
The result? It was good! The crackers are crispy! There is no oil applied at all. So I think the snack will be healthier than those oil fried crackers.. Something I might consider making more in the future.
I think it is a very easy to prepare Chinese New Year cracker. Will definitely make more for this festive season!
I use Buffalo Airfryer to ease up my work in the kitchen. You can click on the image below to find out more about this kitchen appliances!