Lotus Root Soup with Peanuts with Buffalo Pressure Cooker2015-09-19
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 0m
Lotus root soup with peanuts is one of my favourite Chinese soups. It is also one of my favourite soups to make at home. Lotus root and peanuts are a perfect combination for this soup. There are a lot of health benefits for eating lotus root, it helps to lower our body cholesterol, lower our blood pressure, improve our digestion system, boost up our body immune system, and other health benefits.
It is very easy to cook lotus root soup with peanuts by using a Buffalo pressure cooker. Please find out how to cook this soup by using a Buffalo pressure cooker.
1kg pork ribs
600g lotus root (clean, peeled and cut into slices)
3 dried squids (snipped into pieces)
10 red dates
2 candied dates
3 liters of boiling water
6 Chicken feet (optional)
- Place pork ribs in a pot of water and bring to boil. Discard the water to remove impurities. Set the pork ribs aside.
- Fill the pressure cooker with the 3 liters of boiling water. Add all the ingredients including pork ribs into the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid tightly and turn the stove to high heat.
- After a few minutes, the indicating safety valve would lift, there’s when the pressure cooker begin to whistle. Turn to low heat and cook for 20 minutes. Then turn off the stove.
- Wait until safety valve is completely down. Open the lid gently. Stir and season with some salt to taste. It is ready to be served.
If you are interested to buy Buffalo Pressure Cooker, click here to find out more!