Low Heat Stir Fried Ladies Fingers with Dried Prawns Using Thermomix2015-04-07
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
I am fond of ladies fingers (the edible one, that is) My kids like those planted from our vegetables garden. They are tender and of not-too-dark-green in colour, usually not more that 8cm long. To preserve most nutrients from ladies fingers, I usually use Thermomix to cook it as I can control the temperature to close to 100c. Anyway, my usual style of cooking ladies fingers are with sambal belacan (chilli based paste) but when I have to feed this to my daughter, I will cook it minus the chilli.
The key to cooking this dish is to cook the vegetables in minimal time. The longer you cook them, the more juice (some call it slime as it’s slimy) will ooze out and the ladies fingers will start sticking to each other.
This is a simple recipe to try and will whet one’s appetite fairly easily.
- 200 gm of ladies fingers (sliced to not more than 5mm thick)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons volume of dried prawns (pre-soaked in about 100 ml of water for 15 minutes)
- Some chopped garlics (blend it with Thermomix at speed 6 for 4 sec)
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (palm oil)
- Salt to taste
1. Place dried shrimps, garlic, salt, into TM bowl V – speed 1, 2 seconds
2. Place lady finger into thermomix and stir fry it at , speed V for 4 mins.
3. Serve with plain rice.