My Mom’s Assam Fish Recipe2014-10-29
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
I am very tempted to eat spicy dishes these few days.. the rainy days make the graving stronger and I started to miss the assam fish made by my mother-in-law and my mom.. Since I still have some bawal putih which I bought from Kuala Selangor, I decided to turn the fish into assam curry fish.. I called my mom and got her recipe and cook the dish with Thermomix… umm… it turned out so nice !!!!
Here is the recipe:
2 medium size bawal putih fishes
- 150g shallots
- 20g dried chili (soaked & deeeded)
- 20g garlic
- 20g cooking oil
- 15g turmeric (skinned and sliced)
- 1 stalk galangal flower (sliced)
- 3 pcs of dried tamarind slices (assam keping)
- 3 pcs lemon leaves
- 30g lemon grass (smashed)
- 500g water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Put ingredient A into Thermomix bowl to chop @ 10 sec speed 8
- Add oil to saute 10 mins V Speed 2
- Add ingredient B to cook for 10 mins V speed 2.
- Put fish and vegetables in simmering basket and place into TM bowl to cook in gravy for 5 mins V speed 2. In last 1 min, put in salt and sugar.