Pork Trotter in Black Vinegar With Buffalo Pressure Cooker2015-08-27
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 0m
Pork Trotter in Black Vinegar is a traditional Cantonese recipe originally formulated for mothers after birth, to keep new mothers warm during the first month after birth. Since it is so tasty and appetising, many people, even men enjoy this dish even though they are not going through confinement!
This is one of my favourite dishes which I usually cook for my family during weekends. Find out how to cook this dish using a Buffalo pressure cooker. (Pressure cookers are used for cooking food 70% faster than conventional cooking methods; it also saves energy, time and money!)
1 kg Pork Trotter (cut into big chunks)
200g mature ginger
3 tbsps sesame oil
4 tbsps brown sugar
2 tsps salt
370 ml sweet black rice vinegar
500 ml boiling water
- Chop the pork trotter into big chunks. Wash. Wash the mature ginger (keep the skin on) and cut into big pieces.
- Heat sesame oil in Buffalo pressure cooker. Add mature ginger and stir fly until fragrant.
- Add brown sugar, stir well. Add pork trotter. Stir fly for 5 minutes. Add sweet black vinegar, boiling water and salt. Mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker and turn the stove to high heat.
- After a few minutes, the indicating safety valve would lift, there’s when the pressure cooker begin to whistle. Turn to low heat and cook for 15 minutes. Then turn off the stove.
6. Wait until safety valve is completely down. Dish out and is ready to serve.
If you are interested to buy Buffalo Pressure Cooker, click here to find out more!