Sweetened Condensed Milk Butter Toast 練乳マーガリンのスイートリースパン2014-09-09
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
I was told this recipe first appeared in Japanese language. I am not sure who the original creator is for this recipe. The recipe gets very popular and it is being shared through the internet very quickly and I am sure some of you might have seen this recipe somewhere before. I adapted this recipe based on the preparation method using Thermomix. Hope you’ll find this article useful!
Ingredients A (for Bread)
(Based on the size of 15cm/20cm sponge cake mold)
- 20g Caster Sugar
- 3g yeast
- 120g fresh milk
- 20g butter (unsalted)
- 200g Bread Flour
- 15g Condensed Milk
- 3g salt
- 20g condensed milk
- 20g butter (unsalted)
Ingredients C (for Garnishing)
You can use any dried nuts such as:
- Dried Cranberries
- Dried sunflower seeds
1) Put in sugar, yeast, milk butter into Thermomix bowl to mix. This process helps to proof the bread for the first time by setting the temperature to 37c. Set Time: 2 mins, Temp: 37c, Speed: 3
2) Place in bread flour, salt, condensed milk to mix. Set Time: 20 sec, Speed 0-5
3) Knead the dough. Set Time: 3 mins, Speed: Knead
4) Once you have the dough, let it rest if TM bowl for awhile for about 45 mins. Once the dough become more solid, lay it on a mat. Roll the dough into rectangle piece with the help of a roller. Then cut the dough into 4 long pieces with a knife as shown in the picture below.
5) Now, mix ingredient B in a bowl. Apply it onto the rectangle dough. Then stack the 4 pieces on top of each other.
7) Organize the dough into a sponge cake mold. (or you can simply put them into a baking tray)
Wait for approximately 90 mins for the dough to raise to double the size.
When the bread has almost double it’s size, preheat the oven for about 10 min.
Place Ingredients C for garnishing.
Now place the baking tray/ sponge cake mold into the oven. Bake it for approximately 20mins at 180c.
See the final piece, looks yummy? Indeed, it is very very yummy…. try it out and let me know what you think!
If you are using the conventional method, you will need to proof for 2 times. That means more waiting time in between. With Thermomix, it eliminates the waiting time for the first round. See step 1.
Dont have Thermomix? Get the recipe using convention method here
You can make substitute for condensed milk following this instructions:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Mix all ingredients and use as a substitute for sweetened condensed milk in recipes for pies, bars and desserts.