Coffee Flavored Chocolate Chip Cookies (巧克力粒饼干) That Is Like Famous Amos Cookies2014-12-11
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
If you are a Malaysian, you would have tried our famous Malaysia cookies produced by Famous Amos! It is my favorite cookies too.. I wanted to make some cookies for the coming Christmas, the chocolate cookies came to my mind instantly as it is tasty and super easy to make. Unlike my other chocolate chip cookies, I used coffee essence in this recipe. I was told this is one key ingredient that I should use to make the cookies stand out like Famous Amos 🙂
Preparation time: 30 minutes + (at least 2 hours for the flavors infuse to the egg)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 250g salted butter, softened
200g light brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coffee essence
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup oats (about 25 g),
1/4 cup ground almond (about 25g)
1/2 cup of your favourite nuts, chopped finely (about 60g almond)
200 g Hearshey semi-sweet chocolate chips
300g self-raising flour
- At least 2 hours or the night before, beat egg with vanilla & coffee oil to infuse. If done the night before, refrigerate & then bring it to room temperature before mixing.
- Preheat oven to 160C. (190C)
- Place dark chocolate and mixed nuts into mixing bowl, chop 2-3 sec/ speed 6. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place oat flakes into mixing bowl, ground 3 sec/ speed 8. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place butter, sugars, and egg which you had mixed with vanila and coffee oil into mixing bowl, mix 2 mins, speed 3.
- Add flour, ground oat flakes and salt, mix 40 sec speed 4.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts, stir 30 sec / speed 2.
- Form dough with aid of 2 teaspoons into walnut size balls and place them 3 cm apart onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Bake each baking tray with cookies after another in a preheated oven at 190 c for 10-12 min until they are slightly brown. Allow to cool before serving or storing in an air-tight container.
After mixing, keep the dough in the fridge overnight to create deeper chocolate flavor and sweeter cookies. (I know it is very hard!! Just want to put them in the oven and eat them straight once they are baked). But…. The flavor and aroma are much much much more better if you keep them!!