Taiwanese Style Braised Pork With Thermomix
Today, I attempted making Taiwanese style braised pork. I was very pleased with the outcome. The meat is ‘Q’ anad the sauce is definitely nice with the aroma of vinegar and tomato source.
- 1 pork belly approximately 400gm, skin on, cut into 40 gm pieces. Marinate it with 20gm soy sauce and 10gm black soy sauce.
- 10 – 20 gm cooking oil (I used 10gm of oil since the pork will produce more oil later on)
- 5-6 pieces of old ginger
- 4 pieces of Chinese Chives (韭菜) cut into 2 inches long. ( or you can use sprigs of spring onion)
- I table spoon of rock sugar powder
- 20gm rice vinegar, 20gm tomato sauce
|1) Marinate the pork with soy sauce for at least 30 mins in the refrigerator.||30 mins|
|2) Place ginger, Chinese Chives and oil into TM bowl to saute||Yes||3 mins||Varoma||Stir (Reverse)|
|3) Add the marinated pork to cook.||Yes||5 mins||Varoma||Stir (Reverse)|
|4) Add in rock sugar powder and continue to cook||Yes||10 mins||Varoma||Stir (Reverse)|
|5) Add rice vinegar and tomato sauce||Yes||20 mins||Varoma||Stir (Reverse)|
|6) Remove from TM bowl and pour in a plate. Add some Chinese Chives on top.|